I am working on a middleware for delay-tolerant networks which will enable nodes to opportunistically and automatically make use of delay-tolerant networking protocols and routing algorithms given challenged networking conditions, while at the same time operate on a standard TCP/IP stack when conditions allow. Dubbed MaDMAN (Middleware for Delay-Tolerant Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks), the middleware will collect network and application context to determine the best combination of protocols and stacks to use for any given connection, and will seamlessly migrate application sessions between stacks and protocols without dropping the connections.
For more information on this project, please visit the MaDMAN Project Site.
- A. Petz, A. Lindgren, P. Hui, and C. Julien. "MADServer: An Architecture for Opportunistic Mobile Advanced Delivery," Proceedings of the ACM MobiCom Workshop on Challenged Networks. 2012.
- A. Petz, C-L. Fok, and C. Julien. "Experiences Using a Miniature Vehicular Network Testbed," Proceedings of the ACM International Workshop on VehiculAr Inter-NETworking, Systems, and Applications. 2012.
- A. Petz, A. Hennessy, B. Walker, C-L. Fok, and C. Julien. "An Architecture for Context-Aware Adaptation of Routing in Delay-Tolerant Networks," Proceedings of the 4th Extreme Conference on Communication. 2012.
- A. Petz, B. Walker, C-L. Fok, C. Ardi and C. Julien. "Network Coded Routing in Delay Tolerant Networks: An Experience Report," Proceedings of the 3rd Extreme Conference on Communication. 2011.
- B. Walker, C. Ardi, A. Petz, J. Ryu and C. Julien. "Experiments on the Spatial Distribution of Network Code Diversity in Segmented DTNs," Proceedings of the ACM MobiCom workshop on Challenged Networks (CHANTS '11).
- A. Petz, T. Jun, N. Roy, C-L. Fok and C. Julien. "Passive Network-Awareness for Dynamic Resource-Constrained Networks," Proceedings of the 11th IFIP International Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems (DAIS '11).
- A. Petz, B. Walker, C. Ardi and C. Julien. "The Click Convergence Layer: Putting a Modular Router Under DTN2," Proceedings of the 2nd Extreme Workshop on Communication. 2010. Received Best Student Paper Award
- A. Petz and J. Enderle and C. Julien. "A Framework
for Evaluating DTN Mobility Models," Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Scenarios for Network Evaluation Studies.
2009. * (see note below for code)
- A. Petz and C. Julien. "An Adaptive Architecture to Support Delay Tolerant Networking," Proceedings of the 7th Workshop on Adaptive and Reflective Middleware. 2008.
- A. Petz and C. Julien. "The MaDMAN Middleware for Delay-Tolerant Networks," Poster at HotMobile '10 (Proceedings of the 11th workshop on Mobile computing systems and applications). 2010.
Code for "A Framework for Evaluating DTN Mobility Models"
Unfortunately, due to some IT restructuring at the University of Texas, the link in the paper is no longer valid. The code for our statistics package to evaluate mobility models (see paper below) has been relocated here: